While visiting the Czech Republic we ordered some amazing Hunter's Mushroom Soup for lunch. It comes served in a cute little bread bowl.
Hunter's Mushroom Soup
- ¾ pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 strips bacon, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup flour
- 5 cups water
- 1 chicken or beef bouillon cube
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup cooking wine (or substitute water)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the bacon pieces and fry until crispy.
- Add the mushrooms and onion and fry until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir until the flour begins to brown.
- Add the water and bring to a boil, then add the bouillon cube.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream, salt, pepper, and cooking wine (or water).
- Simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Please visit DesignsbyGollum for some more amazing Foodie Friday recipes HERE.