Monday, June 29, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake Cookies...It's a good thing...



This is my first time participating in the cookie carnival challenge hosted by Kate at the clean plate club. Check out who else has participated this month on June 1st or join next months cookie carnival. The recipe for the month of June was Strawberry Shortcake Cookies by Martha Stewart. The recipe can be found on Martha's website. This recipe came along just in time for a different twist on all those strawberries that are in the markets this time of the year.

The cookies came together in a snap!



Strawberry Shortcake cookies are ready to eat with a nice cold glass of milk!


These cookies have a soft texture just like a shortcake. They pack a delicious strawberry flavor with just the right amount of sugar with the added sprinkles on top. The recipe states that the cookies are best served immediately. We tasted some the next day and they were just as delicious. I would definitely make them again to bring to a picnic, with a tall glass of lemonade, or to a potluck. They would be a nice addition to a tea or a baby shower.

I packaged them in the strawberry containers tied with raffia as gifts.

Mangia!

22 comments:

  1. Oh my! Don't those look delicious!! :P What a cute way to package them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look so divine n delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds scrumptious and love the package idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the package idea! So cute and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how fun cookie of the month club, something you can really sink your teeth into!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH those look like HEAVEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea! The cookies look so good.Have a great day! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joyce, nice to see you back and glad to hear you had great R&R, love the pics!

    Now as far as these cookies go? I'll bring the lemonade! How perfect do these sound for a summer picnic?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce, thanks for stopping by mine and Christina's blog! I always enjoy meeting another GA girl and it sounds like you aren't too far away from us!

    I read back to some of your older posts and I may just have to try the Blue Rooster Cafe. I am prob 30 to 40 min (depending on ATL traffic) from there. :)

    Thanks for the info on the Botanical Gardens. I don't bank with Bank of Amer but last year there were some good coupons so I need to check out there site this summer! I had forgotten all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so good!! I love strawberries any way I can get them. So, for the cookie club, everyone makes the same recipe?? It sounds like fun. Are the directions at the blog of the hostess? I think it would be fun to join (might get me baking more!).

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! & A cute idea, to boot! I'm off for the recipe! ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE that you packaged them in strawberry containers! Just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute idea to package them in the strawberry container! I loved this cookie and thought they were a great treat. Definite repeater.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those look and sound delicious. That IS an incredibly clever packaging idea!! Cute!
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum..

    Joyce .. how can I help with the cookies for the troops w/o actually baking?

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look yummy! Do you have the WW version? I didn't know if you knew that my mother also follows you...drivin55!

    ReplyDelete
  17. During strawberry season, it is so nice to have another great way to use fresh strawberries...yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! The sandbox id Kid Heaven isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you joined Cookie Carnival. I'm rather new to it myself and am finding it fun to connect with other cookie lovers. Love the way you packaged your strawberry shortcake cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your packaging idea! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peaking in at my blog! Come back and visit again.