Monday, March 23, 2009

Celebrating Spring at Callaway Gardens Pine Mountain, Georgia!

The weather was picture perfect this first weekend of Spring. We took our first trip to Callaway Gardens. You can walk, hike or bike. You can picnic, swim, play golf or tennis and stay at the lodge complete with spa.

At the Butterfly Center it was fun to view so many species of butterflies.

We enjoyed the informative bird of prey show with demonstrations containing a hawk, owl & buzzard. Did you know Owls do not make any noise when they fly?

Large topiary bunny at the Horticultural Center in anticipation of Easter.

A relaxing view of the lake & time to reflect upon the beauty of Mother Nature.




2 comments:

  1. Hey Joyce, thanks for stopping by my blog! I think Callaway Gardens is such a gorgeous area. Southern Living is giving away a cottage and you can pick from one of four to win. I chose the one in Callaway Gardens. I may try for the Beaufort, S.C. one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these photos very much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peaking in at my blog! Come back and visit again.