Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Little Prince plays food critic with Nanny.......

Today is Tuesday so it must be pancakes for the finicky Little Prince. Children learn to negotiate at a very early age. The negotiations for lunch started an hour prior to the actual serving of food placed upon the palace banquet table . Only the best and brightest plastic ware from IKEA was ever displayed for the Little Prince. The word "NO" seemed to be very dominate in the Little Prince's vocabulary today. So what's a Nanny to do? I tried to juggle the Tupperware, as I double as his court jester, but that did not help to entice him to consider having lunch. The court wizard was out of state on important business. I often turn to him to advise me in these delicate situations as he is a wise man and professes to know all things. So, what is a Nanny to do? I asked one last time using magic words to entice the Little Prince. "Little Prince do you want Mickey Mouse Pancakes "? The Little Prince jumped into his booster seat and shouted out to his public with the sweetest words that Nanny's of all the lands love to hear "YES EAT NOW"!



He likes them so no dungeon for Nanny today!

BANANA PANCAKES

4 large ripe bananas
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, optional or spray
2 tablespoons maple syrup

Mash two bananas and set aside.
Blend dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add banana and wet ingredients to dry ingredients and blend until everything is moist. Batter will be lumpy. Coat pan with oil/spray and heat. Drop spoonfuls of batter on the pan into one circle with two small circles to form Mickey's ears. Cook on both sides until golden and cooked through. Add sliced bananas and top with Maple syrup. ENJOY!

5 comments:

  1. Amazing what Mickey Mouse Pancakes will do to get a Little Prince to eat....great photo....
    Hugs,
    Mo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I am so computer challenged that my 4 year old knows more than me! Banana pancakes are one of our Sunday morning favorites. Can't wait to try more of your recipes in the future!

    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures, I'll have to make these for the family. Always looking for new recipes, I'm bored with our menu. Any ideas for the picky corn and green bean vegetable eater?

    Thanks for visiting my blog, actually the collection in the cabinet is Lu-ray pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute, cute pic! I'll have to remember Mickey Mouse Pancakes when I have grandchildren one day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, I am Nana to three grandsons! You are so funny describing the princely ways you present the food! Mine live in Texas so it's mostly summer vacations they are here and we grill and eat "lake meals"...easy, snacky things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peaking in at my blog! Come back and visit again.