Mix together and shape into patties:
1 pound ground turkey
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
2 teaspoons dried oregano
Preheat the grill for medium high heat.
Lightly oil the grate.
Place patties on the grill.
Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway through.
Makes 4 burgers.
Serve with homemade Tzaziki Sauce.
- 16 ounces (2 cups) of thick Greek yogurt
- 4 to 10 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of diced or grated cucumber (Kirby or "English")
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
Prepare all ingredients in advance. Combine oil and lemon juice in a medium mixing bowl. Fold the yogurt in slowly, making sure it mixes completely with the oil. Add the garlic, according to taste, and the cucumber. Stir until evenly distributed. Garnish with a bit of green and serve well chilled. You can add some dill for a little different taste.
Yield: about 2 1/2 cups
Cosco sells Tzaziki that is quite good.
(Greek for eat)